My name is Darren Rowse and over the last few months John Chow has been buying ad space on this blog proclaiming his love for me (or my blog at least).
Here’s how his ad has been appearing of late:
Wow – I’m flattered – John Chow’s got a blog crush on me!
So WHY does John Chow Love ProBlogger?
More importantly – if John Chow Loves ProBlogger (and is paying for advertising to tell the world) – perhaps you as his reader should get to know me as well!
Any friend of John’s is a friend of mine – so I’d like to welcome you to ProBlogger and invite you to grab a coffee (or beverage of your choice), pull up a bean bag and let me take you on a little tour of ProBlogger – the blog that helps bloggers to make money online.
My name is Darren Rowse and I’m a full time blogger
That’s not because I can’t get a ‘real’ job – but because over the last four years I’ve slowly built up a business around my blogging to the point where I make a full time income from them. I made a bit of a stir in the blogging community when I announced I was earning a six figure income from blogging a year or two back.
I blog on a number of my own personal blogs but am also one of the founders of a blog network called b5media. If you want a few more of my vital statistics – you might like to check out my ‘about pages’ at About Darren and About ProBlogger.
ProBlogger – Helping bloggers Earn Money
Here at ProBlogger my stated mission is to help bloggers make money online. I do this largely by sharing my story and the lessons that I’ve been learning along the way. Over the last couple of years this has led me to write over 3000 posts on the topic here at ProBlogger. Also over this time I’ve managed to build up a great community of readers who really make ProBlogger what it is. Together we know so much more than alone – and my readership knows a lot (they teach me something every day).
A whirlwind Tour of ProBlogger’s Best Stuff
3000 posts!?! Yes – it’s quite overwhelming to think about the amount of time and energy I’ve put into ProBlogger. I’ve literally shared virtually everything I know about building a successful and profitable blog – but it’s gotten to the point where people often approach me asking where to start.
Below I’ve outlined a few of my central and more popular posts from the last couple of years.
But First - Before I share them and send you deeper into the archives of this site – I’d like to invite you to keep in touch by subscribing either to my RSS News Feed or to my email newsletter list (or both). That way – as I continue to add to my archives you’ll be able to get the latest information on making money from blogs.
The ‘best’ of ProBlogger
It’s always a difficult to pick the best or most useful posts from a blog – but here are a few that might be a good place to start. I hope you enjoy them!
- What is a Blog? – If you’re new to the idea of blogs – this post might be the best place to start.
- How Bloggers Make Money from Blogging – This post gives an overview of how most bloggers making a living from blogs do it.
- How Much Do I Earn from Blogging - This is a summary post that links to some of my posts talking about my earnings levels – they’d have to be among the most popular posts on the whole blog.
- Blogging for Beginners – This series of posts was written largely from questions submitted by new bloggers and is a useful place to start if you’re wanting to start your own.
- Lessons I’ve Learnt – some of the key things I’ve learnt about blogging over the last few years
- AdSense for Bloggers – One of the key tools that bloggers use to make money online is AdSense – its Google’s ad network and is how John advertises here at ProBlogger. This series of posts introduces you to how to use it.
- Monkey Bar Blogging - A post about not racing into ProBlogging full time without making sure you’ve got something to keep you going first (I send people to this post every week)
- Search Engine Optimization for Blogs – Basic Solid tips on how to get your blog climbing the Search Engines
- Principles of Choosing a Profitable Blog Topic - Another post that caused some ripples.
- Converting One off Visitors to your Blog into Regular Readers – A post I often refer people to that goes beyond attracting people to your blog to examining how to keep them there.
- 31 Days to building a Better Blog – A recent meme that generated some of the best posts I’ve ever seen on blogging – most of which were written on readers blogs.
- Becoming a ProBlogger – A Story in Many Parts – How I ‘went Pro’
- How to Find Readers for Your Blog – 19 tips for getting people to read your blog
- How to Surf Traffic Tsunamis – what to do when you get inundated with Traffic
- 10 Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – key traits that top bloggers have
- A-Z of Professional Blogging – hundreds of blogging tools
- 10 Techniques for Getting More Comments on Your Blog – ironically one of the most commented upon posts I’ve written.
Still want more? Another good starting place is my Best of ProBlogger – 2006 post. In it I go through 2006′s most commented upon and popular posts. There’s enough posts listed to keep you busy for a week or two.
Take the Six Figure Blogging Course
You might also like to check out my Six Figure Blogging Course which is a audio based teaching resource on everything I know about blogging.
Hopefully once you take a look through some of the above lists you’ll catch a glimpse of why John Chow thinks this blog is worth advertising his love for!