ME “Liz” Strauss has a good post over at Successful Blog called Think Before You Link which has five factors to consider before adding a link to your blog post:
- Does this link clarify what I’m saying here?
- Have my readers seen this link 10 times already?
- Is this information they will care about?
- If the link does belong, label the link and credit the writer.
- Will this link take my readers away forever?
Nice list. I’d add a one more thing:
- Have I read what I’m linking to? – I suspect that some bloggers fail to do this and feeling the pressure to post high levels of content link to almost anything they find without checking to see if it’s link worthy.