Anil Dash posts an interesing post on The Blog Cycle that sub-communities within the larger blogging population go through. Its an interesting post and one that I see the ‘entrepreneurial blogging’ community going through at the momemnt. The stages of the cycle that he identifies are:
- What is blogging?
- Our community invented blogging!
- Blogging vs. Journalism Phew.
- Where are the women/minorities?
- You’ll get fired!
- Think about the children!
- The technology is boring/unimportant.
- Will blogs change the world?
- What you do isn’t blogging — do it this way.
- They don’t deserve it!
Fascinating observations of someone who is a position to have observed many such blogging sub communities. Read more at Anil Dash: The Blog Cycle
What would you add or subtract from his stages? Where do you think the ‘Pro’, ‘Entrepreneurial’ and ‘Business’ Blogging community is at presently?