Speedlinking – 14 July 2007
- Redfly Marketing have released a firefox plugin that allows you to see what Google results are in different parts of the world for the keyword you’re searching for. As someone with blogs focussed upon geographic areas I can see how useful this would be.
- Steph writes about how using capitals to start words when writing URLs can help when promoting your blog
- Brian wants to know if Deleting Posts is wrong? – I’m not sure I’ve ever done it but don’t really have a problem with it like some bloggers would if the post becomes dated or you change your opinion on something or you’ve written something you later regret etc. I personally would probably just update old posts with new information to help readers see the journey I’ve been on with a post – but don’t really mind if others take the delete option. Head over to Brian’s to have you say.
- DoshDosh writes a good guide to optimizing your site for Google Images – the list is a good one, although I’d caution readers to approach it with moderation. I’ve got a few blogs that do very well with Google Images and don’t do all 19 things. Perhaps I could do better but the danger is becoming so obsessed by it that you can get distracted from other core blogging functions.
- ChrisG asks Does Your Site Frighten Readers Away? Great question to ask – I’ve been asking it myself of late and we’re just a few weeks away from a complete design overhaul here at ProBlogger to rectify some of the things I’m not satisfied with.
- Mark shares his 11 Blogging Lessons