By submitting an entry, you shall be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions.
1. Entries which do not fulfil the criteria will be rejected. For the purposes of the competition, an “Entrant” is defined broadly to include any blogger. Entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
(i) Entrants must be over the age of 18 years.
(ii) Entrants must not be engaged in any illegal or immoral activities which are likely to bring Tourism Queensland or its partners into disrepute.
(iii) entries will not be accepted from Tourism Queensland’s partners, sponsors and other agencies associated with the competition.
(iv) all winning Entrants will require good physical and mental health to undertake the activities on offer.
(v) all Entrants must have a solid understanding of the English language to understand and undertake activities covered in the workshops.
2. To enter the competition, you must submit your entry with your contact details to the competition website at ProBlogger.net/queensland-entries
3. The competition opens at 07.05 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Tuesday 3rd April 2012 and closes at 23.59 (AEST) on Tuesday 17th April, 2012. Any entries received by ProBlogger or Tourism Queensland after the closing time, including delayed or misdirected entries, or entries which are not received due to server function or technical difficulties, will not be accepted.
4. Entrants may submit only one entry to be eligible.
5. Selection of the best final 10 Entrants will be declared winners by a panel of judges selected by Tourism Queensland. The panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the selection process.
6. The Top 10 winners will be contacted by telephone or email on Tuesday, 24th April, 2012 (AEST) by a Tourism Queensland representative.
7. All winning Entrants must confirm their attendance to the Tourism Queensland Problogger Great Barrier Reef Event (“the Event”) by 27th April, 2012 or the judging panel may review the decision at the discretion of Tourism Queensland.
8. The Event is scheduled to occur from June 5 – June 10, 2012, however this is subject to change at Tourism Queensland’s discretion and hotel availability. These dates exclude travel time to and from Queensland, Australia.
9. The prize must be taken at the nominated time and pre and post touring extensions will not be permitted. Any changes to the flight arrangements once confirmed, must be borne by the individual.
10. Winning Entrants must be present in Queensland for the entire itinerary period from June 5 until June 10, 2012. The prize includes:
(i) return travel for the winners from their nearest international airport to Queensland by carrier/s to be nominated by Tourism Queensland.
(ii) all accommodation, ground transfers and main meals for the duration of the itinerary by a selection of providers to be nominated by Tourism Queensland.
(iii) two blogging workshops conducted in English language, requiring a working knowledge of the language.
(iv) two days of adventure in Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef.
(v) various experiences, day tours, activities and most entertainment.
11. The Event is strictly limited to the winning Entrants and no family and friends will be allowed.
12. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
13. Winning Entrants must hold a current passport and be eligible for the appropriate short term visa to Australia. For visa information visit www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist. Winning Entrants must arrange and pay for their own visa to Australia prior to travel. Tourism Queensland will not be held responsible for any visas that are not approved prior to the travel date resulting in inability to travel.
14. Travel insurance is not provided and Tourism Queensland requires that winning Entrants obtain comprehensive travel insurance, including medical coverage (at their own expense) prior to travel. Tourism Queensland may request documentary evidence of insurance being obtained prior to travel.
15. Tourism Queensland shall be entitled to cancel an itinerary without notice should a winning Entrant engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings Tourism Queensland or any person or organisation involved in the promotion into public disrepute. Individuals who infringe this provision may be removed from the promotion and returned to their home destination. Any additional costs incurred in removal from the promotion will be at the individual’s expense.
16. All personal expenses shall be the responsibility of the individual, unless expressly specified.
17. Fringe benefits tax, prize tax or other tax liabilities may be incurred by participation in the Event. Each winning Entrant will be responsible for payment of any applicable taxes.
18. Each winning Entrant agrees to participate in Tourism Queensland’s promotional activities such as media interviews and photographic shoots at no cost to Tourism Queensland.
19. By entering, each Entrant represents and warrant that:
(i) your entry material and content is and will be an original work.
(ii) any music or images used including during the Event are accompanied with appropriate licences, permissions and clearances enabling TQ and its licensees to publish, broadcast, communicate and distribute the video content in all media formats.
(iii) you own and control all of the rights to any video content you may use either for the entry or during your trip in Australia, or you otherwise have the lawful right to distribute such content.
(iv) your material content is accurate and not misleading.
(v) any material you submit does not contain any obscene, defamatory, inappropriate or unlawful material.
(vi) the use and posting or other transmission of the video content will not violate the rights of any person or entity.
You agree to indemnify Tourism Queensland and its authorised licensees for any breach of these warranties.
20. You agree to grant Tourism Queensland a non-exclusive, perpetual licence without cost to use the content that you produce while in Australia to promote Queensland as a tourism destination through Tourism Queensland’s online assets, for example, but not limited to, using it on Tourism Queensland’s blog and Facebook page.
21. Tourism Queensland takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted, stored or uploaded on your blog sites, nor is Tourism Queensland liable for any mistakes, defamation, omissions, falsehoods, or obscenity in relation to the content.
22. By entering this competition, you subscribe to receive online updates and communications from Tourism Queensland concerning the competition and thereafter to communicate other promotional offers to you.
23. All entrants agree to release and indemnify Tourism Queensland against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of their involvement in the Tourism Queensland ProBlogger Great Barrier Reef Event including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
24. Tourism Queensland reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms and
conditions at any time.
25. The laws of Queensland, Australia govern these terms and conditions.
26. The Promoter is Tourism Queensland, in conjunction with ProBlogger, care of Level 10, 30 Makerston Street, Brisbane.