Search results for: wordpress.org
Stop Socializing! Auto-Share Social Media Updates and Get Back to Blogging
13th of December 2012 Guest Blogger 40

Stop Socializing! Auto-Share Social Media Updates and Get Back to Blogging

This guest post is by Fred Perrotta of Tortuga Backpacks. As a blogger, you should be spending at least 80% of your time creating killer content. The problem is that that leaves just 20% of your time to split between time-intensive (but important) activities like social networking, ad sales, new product creation, ...more
Social Media
Beat Your Fear of Technology, and Grow Your Blog
30th of October 2012 Guest Blogger 22

Beat Your Fear of Technology, and Grow Your Blog

This guest post is by Ayelet Weisz of All Colores. As Matt Setter recently pointed out here on ProBlogger, pretty much anyone can set up a blog these days without worrying about technical mumbo-jumbo. Yet as I learned when I transferred my blog from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, sometimes the technical ...more
Miscellaneous Blog Tips
The Only SEO Your Blog Posts Need
24th of October 2012 Guest Blogger 69

The Only SEO Your Blog Posts Need

This guest post is by The Blogger. Okay, I know you’ve read posts about SEO, PageRank, and other things we bloggers should all know about. This stuff is helpful, but it has come to overshadow some of blogging’s golden rules, like that original content is king. I doubt this fantastic blogger ever focused ...more
Search Engine Optimization
The 7 Habits of Highly Ineffective Bloggers
13th of October 2012 Guest Blogger 49

The 7 Habits of Highly Ineffective Bloggers

This guest post is by Karol K of YoungPrePro blog. The advice on how to be “the effective guy” is just so common online that it starts to get boring … You know, reading yet another article on how to be a great blogger and all… So why not take ...more
Be Productive
How to Improve Workflow in a Multi-Author WordPress Blog
26th of September 2012 Guest Blogger 12

How to Improve Workflow in a Multi-Author WordPress Blog

This guest post is by Syed Balkhi of WPBeginner. Running a multi-author blog can become a hassle, especially if you do not have a dedicated content manager for your site.Having run several multi-author blogs myself, I understand the issues you face and decisions you have to make. If you’re running ...more
Be Productive
How I Tweaked my WordPress Blog to Rank Better in the Search Engines
19th of September 2012 Guest Blogger 33

How I Tweaked my WordPress Blog to Rank Better in the Search Engines

This guest post is by Jonathan of NutraSol Natural Center. As bloggers and website owners, improving our websites is an absolute must, and search engine optimization is important if we want to get more traffic through search engines. I have been familiar with SEO since before I started my first ...more
Search Engine Optimization
Google Penalizes Copyright Infringers: Are You At Risk?
16th of September 2012 Guest Blogger 29

Google Penalizes Copyright Infringers: Are You At Risk?

This guest post is by Shahzad Saeed of TechAndProject.com. Recently Google announced on its official blog that it will start penalizing sites that are accused of copyright infringement. The announcement may reduce the content theft around the web, since now it is clear that if a site continuously violates copyright ...more
Search Engine Optimization
9 Elements of the Perfect Post
13th of September 2012 Guest Blogger 41

9 Elements of the Perfect Post

This guest post is by Ginny Soskey of Shareaholic. A perfect blog post is hard to come by. Sometimes the mistakes are small, like a grammatical error, and other times the mistakes are so glaring that you just can’t look away. You spend so much time coming up with post ...more
Blog Design
How to Build and Monetize a Mobile-Optimized Blog
6th of September 2012 Guest Blogger 24

How to Build and Monetize a Mobile-Optimized Blog

This guest post is by Thomas Samph and Matt Convente of Grovo.com. For bloggers, creating a mobile site can seem daunting. Without the time, money and a working knowledge of various coding languages, a mobile site can seem out of reach. But today, just like anyone who only has a ...more
Blog Design