asked in the comments of my post on for more comment on the ‘growth factor’ of blogging. He asks:
‘How long would a new blogger see slow growth for?
What do you think that factors are here, any advice on speeding the growth up?’
Good questions – I guess in many ways they are the Million Dollar Questions so to speak and ones that many would like ‘the answer’ to.
Unfortunately there is no one answer to speeding up the growth and earnings on your blog. There are however a number of things to consider that I’ve previously written about but which tend to get lost in the archives on this site. As a result I thought I’d outline some of the more popular and helpful posts that I’ve written below:
– Get your Adsense equation right – In my of posts I talk about the which put simply is:
Adsense Revenue = Traffic Levels + High Paying Ads + Relevant Ads + Optimally Positioned and Designed Ads – Work on those four aspects of your blog and I guarantee you’ll see earnings growth.
– Get readers for your blog – sounds pretty basic really – but its not. I wrote a short series on this task. Read Part A at. Get more tips on this topic in our
– Add Income Streams – Adsense is not the only way to earn money from a blog. I wrotesome time ago now to outline some other options. Some will work better for some blogs than others – but there are plenty of options.
– Write Quality Content – Some of the tips I’ve written to help with your content include –– –
– Understand your Readers – I wrote a series of post earlier in the year onwhich attempts to get inside the head of your reader in order to help you write quality content. If you understand the what is going on in their head as they come across your blog you’re in a better position to be able to take them on a journey.
Of course there are plenty of other tips and helpful articles in archives which have been organized into the categories of:
| | | | | | | | |