It has been a while since I’ve run a group writing project here at ProBlogger so I thought it might be time to another one (if you’re new to ProBlogger and don’t know what a group writing project is I’ll describe it below).
While I’m getting things ready I’m looking for prizes from up to 3 sponsors.
Last time I ran a competition like this we had a lot of prizes and as a result didn’t give sponsors as much of the limelight that they each deserved – this time I’m limiting prizes to just the three best ones.
What do you get for the prize you donate?
- You’ll be linked to and have your site/service described in the announcement post of the group writing project
- You’ll get promoted with a thank-you to on each daily update through the week of the project
- You’ll be promoted again on the final day of the project and again on a compilation page of all entries.
All in all you’ll be mentioned and receive promotions each day for a week on ProBlogger. You’ll be one of 3 sponsors receiving this treatment so your exposure will not be diluted.
Last time we did one of these projects we had 893 entries and it got a lot of buzz around the blogosphere. It’s a great way to get word out to bloggers about your site, product or service.
What prizes am I looking for?
Previously we’ve had prizes that have been anything from trips/accommodation through to Nintendos, to laptops, to cash, to iPods etc. Really anything goes – however if you’re going to submit a prize idea you need to know the following:
1. the prize needs to be deliverable to people internationally at your cost. Please consider shipping costs or be willing to offer a cash prize to an equivalent value if you can’t ship outside the USA.
2. last time I did this I had 100 or so submissions for prizes. This time I am only choosing 3 – so those prizes selected will probably be among the most valuable. While it’s not all about how much the prize is worth I want to give my readers the chance to get the best thing that they can out of participating. It’ll also get you more attention if you do.
3. please no blog hosting packages or ebooks. While these are relevant to bloggers I get hit with 30-40 or so offers for this type of prize every time. While I’m grateful to it I find that readers respond well to fun prizes (think gadgets, cash etc).
How to Submit The Prize You’re Willing to Donate
If you’re willing to donate a prize please do so via my contact form with the following information:
- Please include the word ‘prize’ somewhere in the email so I can filter the emails and make sure I see them all
- Your name and email address (address will remain private)
- Your Company/Business/Blog Name
- The Site that You’d want to promote if your prize is chosen
- The Prize
- The value of the prize
- Confirmation that you’re willing to ship it internationally
You have 48 hours to submit your prize suggestion (I’ll close this at 8pm Wednesday night Melbourne time). I’ll then contact the 3 that I’d like to use with further details.
What is a Group Writing Project
Put most simply a Group Writing Project is a group of bloggers all are challenged to write a post on a similar theme on their blogs. The themes are broad (we’ve done things like ‘Top 5’, ‘reviews and predictions’, ‘lists’) so that bloggers blogging on a wide range of topics can participate. Once they’ve published their post they come to ProBlogger to let us know where it is.
The project runs for a full week. On the first day I announce the topic and then on each day during the next week I publish a list of bloggers that participate. At the end of the week random participants are selected to win a prize. You can see the last project here.