My apologies to readers for the wacky results of the last poll (about how much people earned from Adsense) that I’ve been running the past few weeks – it seems someone hacked a way around voting more than once and voted 400 times across all categories last night which totally messed up the results making them useless. It always astounds me how a small minority of internet users with too much time on their hands can ruin the hard work of others so effortlessly.
Whilst I never intended the results to be scientific or highly accurate I found them to be quite fascinating. Before the hack happened last night this is what they showed (I’m reconstructing this from memory and some notes I took yesterday of the results at that point so please forgive me for the up to date accuracy).
- 33% earned under $30 per month
- 16% earned between $30 and $99 per month
- 11% earned between $100 and $499
- 9% earned between $500 and $999
- 4% earned between $1000 and $1499
- 2% earned between $1500 and $2499
- 4% earned between $2500 and $4999
- 3% earned between $5000 and $9999
- 1% earned over $10,000
- 13% do not use Adsense
- 4% did not wish to disclose their earnings
Here are a couple of graphs that help to visualize the break down.