Many of ProBlogger.net readers are reporting in comments significant changes in their blog’s Google Page Rankings in this latest update. Those sites that are reporting the largest changes tend to be new sites (which is understandable) with older more mature blogs reporting only minor (if any) changes.
Every time Google updates like this I find my email inbox full of questions about Page Rank – questions like”
- what is Page Rank?
- why is it important?
- how do I improve my blog’s Page Rank?
- why isn’t my Page Rank changing?
- how do I check my blog’s Page Rank?
- why has my blog’s Page Rank gone down?
- is Page Rank still relevant?
The questions are many and varied so I thought I’d attempt to answer a few (keeping in mind that on many of these questions no one (outside of Google’s inner circle) really knows the answer to some of them).