Get more tips like this in your email by subscribing to the free ProBlogger Newsletter at the top of our sidebar
What should I Do with my Blog when I go take a Vacation?
This is a question I ask myself in the lead up to every break and one that I seem to answer differently each time. I thought it a relevant topic to write about as I’m currently on holidays (or at least will be by the time you read this).
Here’s a few of the approaches I’ve taken over the last few years:
1. Give your Blog and Readers a Vacation
This is probably the most common approach that bloggers take – they simply stop blogging for the time they are away and resume on their return.
– it’s low maintenance in the lead up to and during your time away.
– your blog stops and you risk losing momentum
– you might end up with a lot of catching up when you return in terms of any news that breaks while you’re away
– traffic will probably fall due to lack of RSS updates