This week a new blog awaits your feedback as part of the Community Blog Consulting 2.0 project.
If you’re new to the project, it’s recommended that you read the launch post. This week, there’ll be another chance to win an iPod Shuffle, in addition to some special bonus prizes.
In this post we’ll be looking at Hypebot.com. The blog’s owner, Bruce, says that its main goal is to cover how the internet and technology are changing the music business as a news source, guide and commentator.
Bruce has provided the key questions he is hoping to get some feedback on.
- Without loosing my core music industry/tech audience (which in itself could be much larger) how do I increase my readership?
- I’ve recently been approached by more than 1 of the established blog networks. Would a niche blog like this benefit from such an alliance or be hurt by a perceived lack of independence?
- Since my current audience is specialized, but small, do you think I could/should sell ads? If so, how do I get an idea of what to charge?
- Am I achieving the right balance of news vs. commentary?
- I recently simplified the design and may have gone too far. How can the design be improved to encourage more time on the site?
I’ll now throw it over to the ProBlogger community to provide your advice, suggestions and constructive critique. The commenter who provides the most useful feedback for the blog will win an iPod shuffle from ProBlogger and 5 CDs from the artists at Bruce’s booking agency, Skyline Music — a prize that will be provided by Bruce.
5 runner-up commenters will also receive a CD of their choice from Bruce’s roster of artists.
A summary of the community feedback (with my own commentary) will be posted in 4 – 5 days, so make sure to get your comments in soon.
We’d love for comments to be as constructive, helpful and practical as possible, and will be taking all these factors into account when deciding on the winning commenter.