– 8 million American adults say they have created blogs (around 7% of the population);
– blog readership jumped 58% in 2004 and now stands at 27% of internet users (ie around 32 million American blog readers);
– 5% of internet users say they use RSS aggregators or XML readers to get the news and other information delivered from blogs and content-rich Web sites as it is posted online;
– 12% of internet users have posted comments or other material on blogs;
– 62% of internet users do not know what a blog is.
Interesting results that fit pretty well with the anecdotal evidence I collect from conversations here in Australia also. Most people still don’t know what a blog is – but when you dig a little you find that many people have actually been reading them without knowing what a blog actually is.