Yesterday, during our Q&A webinar, we received a lot of questions about the tools and services we recommend for different aspects of blogging. While we touched on a few, there are quite a few more that I wanted to touch on.
Not all are strictly ‘blogging tools’ but all are things we regularly use as a team.
Note: I am an affiliate for some of the following tools and services but am also a daily user of all of them and have been for a minimum of 12 months.
Note 2: I’ve updated this list with 6 more tools that I use!
- Blogging Platform - WordPress.org
- Hosting Service – Synthesis
- Blog Design Framework – Genesis (note: the designs themselves are custom designed but built upon Genesis)
- eBook Shopping Cart – eJunkie (we sync it with PayPal to take payments at this stage)
- Customer Support Desk – Zendesk
- Project Management – Basecamp
- Internal Team Communications – Skype
- Forum Software – VBulletin synced with Premise for paid membership areas
- Email Newsletter Software – Aweber and Mailchimp
- File Sharing etc – Dropbox and Google Drive
- Social Media Management – Sprout Social
- Webinars – GotoWebinar
- Email – Gmail
- Blogging Editors – Ecto and MarsEdit (both are Mac tools but Ecto has sadly not been updated in years)
- Analytics – Google Analytics
Of course there’s plenty more but they are the main things that come to mind!
What tools and services would you add to the list that make up part of your core online business toolbox?