From what I can tell, most bloggers are off to a flying start this year. Lots of great discussions going on on social media, and some interesting plans in the works for many…
Launching an ebook in 2013?
If you answered “yes” to that question, take a look at this post from Shayne, who helps me with both dPS and ProBlogger products.
This post contains some key issues that I think most bloggers probably don’t look at in detail before we launch an ebook. We’re so excited to get our products out there that we could, unwittingly, be undermining their success.
Shayne looks at the issue from a really strategic viewpoint in this post. I hope it helps you!
Blogger in print … and on tour
Congratulations to Matt Kepnes, who’s released a print book through Penguin: How to Travel the World on $50 a Day.
This is another great example of what can happen when you build a strong brand and following online. If it’s something that interests you, take a look at our guides for becoming a print book author:
- Blog Business Model: Sell Your Print Book
- From Blogger to Book Author: the 4-Step Guide
- Build Your Brand to Get a Book Deal
- Starting Points for Selling Your Book Through Your Blog.
Not only that, but Matt’s heading off on a book tour of the States during February. So if you’re in a city he’s visiting, head down and say hello—he’s published the tour dates on his blog. And tell him Darren sent you!
Conference planning 2013
We announced this week that this year’s ProBlogger Training Event will be held on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. But we’re not the only ones to have released conference details recently.
- Chris Gullibeau’s World Domination Summit is set to hit Protland in July. Can’t wait for this one!
- BlogHer ’13 is scheduled for July, and will be held in Chicago. But there are plenty of other great sub-conferences you can attend with these guys in the meantime.
- Aussie food blogging conference Eat. Drink. Blog. organizers have announced the conference will be held in Perth, Australia, this November.
There are plenty of others, but these have caught my eye in the last week or so. Now’s the time to plan your conference attendance for the year. Let us know in the comments which conferences, if any, you’ll be at!
Internet Freedom Day: did you participate?
Bloggers and webbies celebrated Internet Freedom Day this time last week (January 18).
Did you participate in Internet Freedom Day, either on your blog, or on social media? Tell us about it in the comments.