Affiliate marketing is one of the blogger’s mainstay business models. It’s simple, and as Anshul proved when he shared his story earlier today, it works—but it does take effort and commitment.
The first challenge is to understand how the process works, and for that I can point you to no better resource than the four-part series Brian Clark wrote for us. Still current, and pulling no punches, this primer is a great place to start if you’ve never sold targeted affiliate products before:
- The secret of blog products that sell
- Why this blog sells tons of ebooks and how it can sell even more
- How to sell niche products with your blog
- You don’t need a product of your own to have a successful product blog
Once you’ve worked through those, try these more specific posts that deal with individual challenges that affiliate bloggers need to master:
- What’s the best type of affiliate site? is Anshul Dayal’s first post on the blog, and compared two different approaches to this business model. It’s recommended reading for anyone operating in this space.
- How to land the best products to review, by Simon Worrall, includes a form email that you can use to get in touch with companies who offer affiliate products.
- The ultimate guide to professional product review pitches provides more detail on the topic, too.
- How to get more eyeballs on your affiliate links explains how to use your audience knowledge to closely target your reviews to specific types of readers on your blog.
- Turn your blogging skills into successful affiliate promotions looks at the words you use—and how you use them—in posts to call readers to take action on your affiliate offers.
- 6 tips for dressing up your product reviews, by Peter Lawlor, steps you through tactics and techniques you can use to make your reviews of affiliate products really grab readers—it’s a must-read for anyone writing reviews.
- Finally, Why bloggers should pay attention to the new affiliate tax laws, by Yasmine Mustafa, will be of interested to Amazon affiliates.
Of course, here on ProBlogger we have an archive dedicated to affiliate marketing, so if you’re after specific advice or solutions, take a look at the posts there.
What other resources can you add to this list to help those who want to improve their affiliate marketing? Share them with us below.