Of all the topics that bloggers ask me about, conversion optimization is among those at the top of the list.All of us have conversion goals of some sort. It doesn’t matter whether you’re aiming to make money blogging, or you’re in it purely for pleasure, you’ll probably want to grow a subscriber list at the very least! Some of the blogger’s most common conversion goals include:
- grow signups to an email subscription list
- attract Facebook fans and Twitter followers
- boost downloads of free products, whitepapers, and samples
- increase sales of products and services.
These days, competition within the blogosphere is only getting stronger, and readers are only getting more savvy. Most of us have good data on our blog usage, but of course boosting conversions isn’t just a matter of statistics.
From your audience to your offer—and everything in between—there’s a lot to consider. So we’re dedicating ProBlogger to the challenge of boosting conversions, with a series that’s been put together by some of your favorite experts.
This series assumes that you have some kind of conversion goal, and some tools in place to make that happen—even something as simple as a Sign Up form in your sidebar. We’ll take you through five steps to improving those conversions, as we look at:
- Reviewing your offer.
- Revisiting your conversion funnel.
- Revamping your communications.
- Running A/B tests, then tweaking and refining your marketing.
- Reaching all of your audience segments using this process.
Before that, I’d like to hear from you. How are your conversions looking right now? What tactics have you used to improve them? What’s worked—and what hasn’t? Share your experiences with us in the comments.