Update: this competition is now closed to new entries. We’re now narrowing down to find our 10 winners who will be contacted and then announced here on ProBlogger on 23 April. Thanks to all who entered!
As I write this post, the deadline for entering this competition is less than 24 hours away, and those of you considering putting yourself in the running for this once-in-a-lifetime trip need to get your skates on!
Since launching the competition, we’ve had hundreds of entries from some wonderful bloggers. Hundreds is a lot, but considering we’re giving away ten trips, those who have entered currently have a one in 50 chance of ending up on the reef with me in June. They’re pretty decent odds!
Since announcing the competition I’ve posted the full five-day itinerary—there are some amazing experiences included in the prize:
- meet and get up close to some of Australia’s cute (and not-so-cute) native animals
- eat at some of the finest restaurants in the region
- participate in two blogging workshops with me (with just ten participants, I’ll be able to give your blog some personal attention)
- sail, snorkel, and explore the Great Barrier Reef
- experience one of the world’s oldest rain forests
- on the last day, you can choose your own adventure and explore an aspect of the region that relates to your own interests and niche.
Plus much more!
While this is a working holiday of sorts, as you’ll be creating some content based on what you see, there will be plenty of time for fun, adventuring, and a little relaxing.
All in all, this is a trip I can’t wait to go on and I’m particularly looking forward to sharing it with ten wonderful ProBlogger readers.
This competition isn’t a popularity contest or just for big bloggers, and it isn’t just for travel bloggers—we’re looking for entries from a range of blog niches and from bloggers from around the world.
Pitch us your ideas for how you’d cover the trip in the entry form, and you might just find yourself winging your way into Queensland (all expenses paid) in June.
- Contest announcement post: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2012/04/03/queensland-competition/
- Trip itinerary: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2012/04/11/blogger-correspondant-great-barrier-reef-itinerary-qldblog
- Terms and conditions: http://www.problogger.net/queensland-competition-terms-conditions/
- Entry form: http://www.problogger.net/queensland-entries/
Please enter today, and if you know of any other blogger who might enjoy this trip, please do share it with them—they’ll be indebted to you forever if they win!