Late last week I spent a fascinating hour with Holly Becker from decor8 – an amazing interior design blog that is read by over 35,000 readers a day.
Today I’d like to share that interview with you as an example of a blogger who has made a living from blogging by building a niche focused blog.
decor8 has opened up many doors of opportunity for Holly. She makes a full time living from the blog (and also employs a regular columnist as well as her husband to run the back end) and it has led to other exciting possibilities including a book deal.
In this podcast interview Holly:
- shares the story behind starting decor8
- gives insight into how she keeps coming up with fresh content ideas
- shares what type of posts work best at drawing in readers to comment
- talks about her decision to bring on a regular columnist
- reflects on dealing with negative comments
- answers the question of ‘what is a conversion’ for you when a reader hits your blog
- share how she’s built her readership
- reveals how she makes a full time living from her blog
- talks about her other ventures, including her ‘blogging your way’ e-course and up coming book
I love hearing stories like the one Holly shares because it’s yet another example of a blogger who makes a good living her blog (and it’s not a blog about making money on the internet!). I also loved chatting with Holly because she’s all about enhancing the lives of those who read her blog by producing a high quality and inspiring blog.
The interview is just on 51 minutes long so grab a cup of coffee and sit back to enjoy Holly’s insights on blogging!
here’s the podcast:
While you’re listening check out her blog and enjoy!
PS: you can grab the mp3 of this interview for later here – Interview with Holly