Over the last few days I’ve been digging into a great little book called Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive.
I’m only halfway through it but of the 25 or so chapters that I’ve read so far I have jotted down 50 or so ideas for my own blogs – both ideas for content, ideas for next time I try a promotion and just general ideas. You see being persuasive is something bloggers of all kinds could do well to be whether it is
- persuading people to subscribe to your blog
- persuading readers to take action on a post you’ve written
- persuading readers to buy a product you have
- persuading readers to buy an affiliate product you’re promoting
- persuading another blog to link up to you
- persuading a reader to pass on your content to their own network
Not everything in the book will apply to every blogger but there’s plenty in this book to draw on as you develop your blog.