Everyone answered in their own way but she managed to make some sense of it and came up with the following categories of what people do with their blogs on the weekend.
The numbers signify how many people said that they did that strategy and they are ranked from most common responses to least common:
- I write extra posts for the week ahead, work on planning and goals, or do other marketing work for my blog – 54
- I take a couple of days off (or most of my weekend days) for family and fun or other household chores – 20
- I write/post 6 or 7 days a week no matter what – 20
- I write “lighter” posts like link lists or reviews – 18
- I post less because people are not online as much – 15
- I work another full time job during the week and use weekends for catching up on my blogging – 14
- No strategy, or I post whenever I have time or an idea, even if that means weekends – 11
- I post more to try to keep traffic levels up – 9
So there you have it – most people seem to publish posts that they’ve pre-written.