This post is an excerpt from the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Workbook
When was the last time you made someone else’s blog better?
Today’s task in the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog is to do just that – to improve a blog that is not yours.
Most bloggers naturally spend the vast majority of their time improving their own blogs – but there can be a lot of good things happen when you spend time on other people’s blogs making them better in one way or another.
I think it’s fairly obvious why it can be worth helping another blogger achieve their goals so won’t go into it too much except to say that there’s not many ways to make a better impression on another blogger than to help them achieve their goals for their blog. When you do this any number of benefits can come your way.
The question is – how do you improve someone else’s blog?
I’d love to hear your suggestions on this in comments below but let me mention just a few:
- write a guest post – write a high quality post that will be useful to another blogs readers
- leave helpful and insightful comments
- link to the blog – share your readers with them
- promote the blog in social media – get a social bookmarking campaign going for them
- recommend that your readers subscribe to them
- email the blogger with some suggested topics you’d love to see them cover
- introduce them to a potential advertiser
- share with them an affiliate program that has worked for you
- write an email telling the blogger how you found one of their posts helpful
Really there is no limit to the ways that you can help another blogger improve their blog. The key is to ask yourself what their needs might be and attempt to fulfill those needs in some way.
The key with this exercise is to do something significant for the other blog. Don’t just leave a comment on 50 blogs today – spend some significant time focusing your energy on one other blog in your niche.
If it doesn’t go noticed by the other blogger don’t despair – hopefully in doing something for others you’ll learn something for yourself also, as well as getting a little good karma in the process!
Let us know what good deed you do for another blogger today in comments below!
This task is a sample of one of the tasks in the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Workbook – a downloadable resource designed to reinvigorate and revitalize blogs.
Join over 14,000 other bloggers and Get your Copy Today.