Help! People are reading my blog, what do I do next?
I get a lot of emails from people asking for advice how to get people to read their blog and have written a number of series of posts with tips on how to find readers – but lately I’ve had conversations with a few bloggers who are at the next level – they have readers but are unsure what to do next.
While it is a problem that many bloggers would love to have – when you actually DO get readers other challenges face a blogger including:
- keeping momentum going in terms of writing content
- converting one off visitors into ongoing readers
- monetization of the traffic
- building community
Over the next two weeks I want to write a series of 9 tips for bloggers facing some of these problems – those who have had some success in attracting traffic (whether it be from search engines or loyal readers) and who are looking to take their blogging to the next level.
Note for Beginners: The topics I cover are relevant to bloggers of all sizes – but I’ve found them to be particularly relevant for those adolescent blogs who have moved beyond their launch stage and are finding their feet.
Here are the topics we’ll be covering over the next couple of weeks:
- Building Upon Your Strengths
- Converting First Time Readers to Loyal Readers
- Keeping Fresh Content Flowing
- Growing Traffic to the Next Level With Search Engine Optimization
- Building Community a sense of Community on Your Blog
- Shaping Your Brand
- Expanding Connecting Points With Readers
- Extending Your Blog Audience Beyond Your Current Network
- Making Money – Moving Beyond AdSense
To follow along with this series make sure you subscribe to our RSS feed or bookmark and come back to this page where I’ll be linking to each new post as it is published on the blog.
Stay tuned later today for the next post in this series.