Last month I ran a poll here at ProBlogger which asked readers if they make money online from sources other than blogging.
The result was almost completely split with 1022 of the 2053 people who responded saying Yes and 1031 saying no.
Some of the comments on the launch post of this poll revealed some of the ways people are making money online from sources other than blogging. They include:
- Website Design
- Flipping (selling) Websites
- Selling ebooks
- Youtube Partnership program
- Freelance writing, graphic design
- Teaching and Consulting
- Owning other types of websites (directories, forums etc)
- Business Documentation site
- Developing web applications
- Online Surveys
- Paid to Click Sites
- Selling Products and Merchandise
- Affiliate Marketing
- Writing on User Generated Content (Revenue Sharing) Sites
- Make Online Games
- Online Store – Selling Products
- Selling Art
- Business Referrals
- Market Research
- Software Development
- Working as a Transcriptionist
- Membership Sites
- Generating Sales for Off-line Business from Websites
Lots of good ideas there and a nice reminder that there’s plenty to explore outside of blogging.
My own list of online money making sources that are not directly blogging include running a forum (advertising revenue), newsletter lists (affiliate marketing and some advertising), consulting (limited), selling a course, job boards, working at b5media (very part time)… and that’s about all I can think of.