Wendy at SparkPlugging (formally e-Moms At Home) is today launching a new learning area called SparkPlugU.
Drawing on the expert writers that write for the Sparkplugging blog network they have put together a variety of short courses on different aspects of working at home such as business and productivity.
Courses will be available in a variety of formats including live classes and self paced classes and will be repeated at different times of the years.
What immediately stands out to me about SparkPlugU is the affordability of the courses on offer.
While many such sites charge hundreds (and thousands) of dollars for this type of information Wendy has worked hard to keep the prices of courses down.
Courses are also more bite sized than others out there with some as short as a 1.5 hour session and the longest extending over 4 sessions (1 hour each).
The price and bite sized modules makes a lot of sense to me as they mean you’re not committing yourself to months of ongoing training with a ‘mega-course’ but can pick and choose modules that you need and fit them into your busy schedule.
The quality of teachers is excellent and I’m thinking of signing up for two of them myself (I’ve put a * beside them below).
Courses that are Currently Enrolling include:
- Diversify Your Income Workshop – $39.95 (includes 3 hours over 3 sessions)
- Write Press Releases to Grow Your Business* ($19.95 for a single 1.5 hour session)
- Organize Your Home Office for Maximum Productivity Workshop* ($19.95 for a 1.5 hour session)
- Introduction to Starting a Blog Network ($19.95 for a 1.5 hour session)
- Fearless Financials – Getting Past Stuck ($39.95 for a 3 1 hour sessions)
- Podcasting Bootcamp – Strategy Through Implementation ($39.95 for 4 sessions)
* these are the two that I’m most looking forward to
Wendy tells me that more courses will be added in coming months. The best way to be notified of when they are added is to sign up for their newsletter (you get a bonus Internet Business Guide – outlining 18 internet business models – when you sign up to this).
Having taught with Wendy on panels at conferences previously I am excited by what she and her team are building at SparkPlugU – hope to see some of you in class!