We’ve seen a number of bloggers sign book deals over the last year but this kind of money is beyond what I’ve seen before.
Book deals are a perfect example of bloggers making money because of their blog (indirectly).
Other bloggers who’ve released books based upon their blogs include (from among many):
- Lifehacker: 88 Tech Tricks to Turbocharge Your Day and Upgrade Your Life: The Lifehacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better by Gina Trapani from Lifehacker.
- Connect!: A Guide to a New Way of Working from GigaOM’s Web Worker Daily by Anne Tueitt Zelena (based upon Web Worker Daily)
- I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun from icanhascheezburger
- The Secret Lives of Men and Women: A PostSecret Book” (Frank Warren) – by Frank Warren from PostSecret
- Radically Transparent: Monitoring and Managing Reputations Online by Andy Beal and Judy Strauss (I’m reading this one now – it’s excellent).
Of course there are many other examples (it seems I hear about more every week). Feel free to nominate others in comments below.
Speaking of book deals – expect to see a little more news on that front from ProBlogger in the coming days. No Six Figure advances but some fun news.