Here at ProBlogger I publish quite a few articles (95 this month) – so I thought that in 2008 I’d attempt to summarize the most popular ones at the end of each month as a service to those of you who may not have had time to read each post.
The way I’ll collate them will be slightly differently t the ‘best of ProBlogger’ area on the front page of the site but it’ll be largely based upon page views and comments:
Most Popular Post at ProBlogger – January 2008
- A Reality Check on Blogging for Money – a post that has struck a chord with quite a few on some of the less publicized aspects of blogging for money.
- 7 Types of Blog Posts Which Always Seem to Get Links and Traffic – a great post by Skellie which I know a few bloggers have used as the basis for their weekly posting cycle.
- 10 Remarkable (and Free) WordPress Themes – if you’re looking for a new template for your blog but don’t have the budget for a professional design then this list might be one to start with.
- Give Your Readers Room to Participate in Your Blog – sometimes when your blog posts are comprehensive you might actually be crowding your readers out and not giving them space to participate
- 14 Essential Mac OS X Applications for Bloggers – I reveal the most used applications in my own blogging workflow.
- Don’t Just Have a Blog – Learn to Think Like a Blogger – a lesson from my health and fitness kick that applies to bloggers too.
- 9 Benefits of Twitter for Bloggers and How to Use it – a popular mini series of posts looking at how I’m using Twitter to improve my blog, drive traffic and build a brand.
- Using StumbleUpon to Get on the Radar of Other Bloggers – the story of how one StumbleUpon user got on my radar by Stumbling one of my posts.
- Why My Wife Would Make a Great Internet Marketer – the title says it all. A glimpse at what I think makes a good internet marketer (and no she’s not started a blog despite my pleas).
- The Costs and Benefits of Running a Competition on Your blog and how to run one – how to use competitions to build traffic, community and interaction on your blog.
As I’ve said – this is only a tenth of the post son ProBlogger from January. Thanks to everyone for a great month – particularly those who’ve been guest posters.