This week we’ll be looking at MLBTradeRumors.com, a blog about Major League Baseball trading (one I’m sure the baseball fans here will enjoy reviewing!)If you’re new to the project it’d be a good idea to read the launch post.
This week there’ll be another good chance to score an iPod Shuffle and a link to your blog under the winner’s name in the summary post.
Thorough and original feedback left in the comments here will help you get our notice when it comes to awarding the prize.
The blog’s owner, Tim, describes his blog as follows:
MLBTradeRumors.com is a clearinghouse for baseball trade and free agent rumors. All legitimate rumors (typically from major U.S. newspapers) are gathered and published on the site in a timely fashion to create a one-stop shop for rumors, trades, and signings. Additional analysis plus a commenting community is provided.
Tim is especially interested in feedback and advice in the following areas:
- How can I make the site more professional and attractive to advertisers?
- Suggestions for de-cluttering or redistributing the links on the sidebar, and improving navigation in general?
- The white text on black background is a point of contention with some readers, though 70% said not to change it in a survey. I feel that it has become part of the MLBTR “brand” but I do receive regular complaints about it being hard to read. Should I change this?
- Suggestions to increase RSS feed readership with an audience that is not always well-versed in RSS feeds?
- Anything else about the site is welcome!
We’d love for comments to be as constructive, helpful and practical as possible. I’ve got no doubt that Mark is eager to hear what you have to say!
You can send an application to Darren if you’d like your blog featured and reviewed at ProBlogger for $250. Click to get more information on our community blog consulting services.