My last post love letter to AdSense shared some of the latest news to come out of AdSense regarding their referrals program – but there are more changes announced. Let me share them here:
- All publishers may now participate in AdSense referrals regardless of their own location. Now you’ll only earn commission if those you refer come from North America, Latin America and Japan.
- The commission paid will be $100 when the publisher you refer makes $100 in their first 180 days (there is no more $5 or $250 payments and no more $2000 bonus)
- There have been some publishers who can’t see any referral earnings in their reports – this is a glitch and will be fixed
- Publishers using the ‘Google Pack’ referral program will only earn $1 per referral (previously it was $2) as of the third week of February
- Publishers using the Firefox referrals program to China will see reductions in payments (this won’t impact anyone you refer who is from outside of China).