Happy New Year!
Here in Australia it’s 2008 already and later this morning V (my wife) and I will go out for our annual Goal Setting/Resolutions brunch and will sit down with our resolutions notebook and think about the year that is ahead of us. In setting goals we tend to break them down into different areas including:
- Physical (getting fit, diet etc)
- Travel (vacations etc)
- Friends (what people we want to invest more time into seeing)
- Family (things we’d like to achieve as a family)
- Spiritual (making time for connecting with this is important to us)
There are other areas – but you get the picture.
For each area we attempt to come up with some achievable goals as individuals and then share them with each other to see what similarities there are and what we can achieve together. The whole process is both fun and inspiring.
Later in the week I’ll sit down and go through a similar process with my blogs – setting some goals for the coming months. (here’s a series I wrote a couple of years on strategic blogging that has some tips on how to do this)
All this goal setting has me in the mood to hear what others are hoping to achieve in 2008. So I’d like to throw it open for some discussion (sometimes I think publicly stating some of your goals can be helpful in keeping you accountable to them):
- What do you want to achieve with your blog/s in 2008?
- What specific goals have you set for the year ahead in different areas of your blogging (design, content, community, traffic etc)