Last month was a pretty massive month here at ProBlogger with a record level of traffic (Google Analytics shows it at about 650,000 page views and our server side stats place it at 1.3 million – so it’s somewhere in between), 3959 comments (a new record) and 107 posts (the highest rate of posting at PB for at least 12 months). There was a lot of action on the blog a couple of reasons. It was partly a result of the blog’s redesign (which led to an increase in both actual visitors and pages viewed per visitor) as well as the 31 Day project.
107 posts is a lot to digest – so I’ve decided to summarize the top 15 in terms of visitor numbers.
Here’s a quick summary of the hottest 10 posts from ProBlogger in August 2007:
- When it Feels like Nobody is Reading Your Blog - a post that seemed to tap into the experiences of many
- How to Draw StumbleUpon Users Into Your Blog – a guest post on enhancing your StumbleUpon experience
- ProBlogger Redesign – Bedding Down for the Night - no doubt the biggest event at ProBlogger this month was it’s redesign
- Dig Into Your Blog’s Statistics – part of this month’s 31 Day Project
- We’re Entering New Design Transition Phase – another new design related post which got a lot of comments
- Beginners Guide to RSS – a short post with some good links to teaching others about RSS – including a cool video
- Create a Heatmap of Where Readers Click on Your Blog – using a cool tool called CrazyEgg to track where your blog’s readers click
- Declutter your Sidebar – most blogs need to do this every now and again
- 10 Ways to Hurt Your Blog’s Brand by Commenting on Other Blogs – some reflections on some of the dangers of commenting on blogs
- Analyze Your Blog’s Competition – how looking at other blogs in your niche can help you improve yours
- Email a New Reader of Your Blog – a most basic tip that can help build your blog’s readership
- Do You Use American English, British English or do you Swing like the Canadians? – a reader debate
- First Impressions Matter on a Blog – most popular video post of the month
- Why does my Feedburner Subscriber Count Fluctuate? – one of my most Frequently asked questions
- Stickify Your Blog – another video post on making your blog sticky
Of course this month was also popular for the 31 Days to Building a Better Blog Project which has 31 of my own blog tips and over 600 of yours!