For those unable to get to the Future of Online Advertising but wanting a bit more of a glimpse of what took place – you might be interested in seeing the powerpoint and keynote presentations from those presenting.
They have now been added to main page underneath the names of each speaker. Mine is here (pdf) – I hope you can make some sense of it! Here’s a short (ish) summary of what I said for each slide:
1. Title Slide – made a few excuses for my terrible flu-ish voice.
2. Dating Tips – I get asked by bloggers how to find advertisers for their blogs and get asked by advertisers how to interact with bloggers. Sometimes I feel like a dating consultant – hence the title of my presentation – dating tips for bloggers and advertisers.
3. How Much do Bloggers Earn? – to put the talk in context I thought it worth sharing this graph of how much bloggers earn (taken from a survey of ProBlogger readers)
4. Direct Methods vs Indirect Methods of Earning Money from Blogs – another slide to help put the tips that I share in context. Selling advertising on a blog is just one of many methods of monetizing a blog. Bloggers need to know that they have a variety of options open to them. Advertisers need to know that they’re not bloggers only option and that they might need to compete to get their attention.
5. Tips for Bloggers Looking to ‘pickup’ Advertisers – subtitle page
6. Tips for Bloggers: