One of the questions I’ve been asked quite a bit lately is what I think about the increasingly common practice of swapping Technorati Favorites in order to climb the Technorati Most Favorited Top 100.
To be honest, it’s not really an issue that I’ve given much thought to (although I’m increasingly being asked by bloggers to swap with them – something I don’t get into) – and one that I don’t really think is massively important – however as I repeatedly am asked about this tactic to increase a blog’s profile I thought I should give it a little attention.
PS: as I’m writing this I’ve just received an email from someone who is developing a service (site) to organize and formalize the technorati favorite swapping process – it seems a mini industry is rising up around the practice.
In this post I’m going to explore the following questions:
- Does the Technorati Top 100 Most Favorited Blog List Drive Traffic?
- Does it Increase Profile?
- Does it give Egos a Boost?
- Does Technorati Care?
- So What’s the Point of Technorati Favorites and Why Do I promote it?
- So What do I think about swapping Favorites to Climb the Top 100 Most Favorited Blogs List?
- What do I think about the Top 100 Most Favorited Blogs List?
At the end of the post I’d love to get your thoughts and opinion on it.