I’m back from a very quick 36 hours away to make the most of the long weekend here.
While I was gone there was plenty of action around the blogging community. Here are a few of the stories that have caught my eye so far as I’ve scanned my RSS feeds.
- Andy Wibbels shares how to add Google Analytics to your Blogger Blog.
- One of the biggest stories over the weekend was Robert Scoble’s posts regarding big blogs linking habits. The story has been widely commented upon – follow it via Techmeme.
- Jeremy from Shoemoney is being sued for a comment that someone else left on his blog. This is an interesting test case that could have significant ramifications. Apologies/Update – Jeremy has ben subpoenaed to appear in court to testify in a case where someone else is being sued over a comment left on his blog.
- UK blog network – Shiny Media – has secured $4.5 million in funding according to Paid Content and their blog. Congratulations to the team – I’ve been lucky enough to meet some of them and they’re a great bunch of people.
- It looks like YouTube will be moving to a model where it shares it’s revenue with users uploading video (see video below). Those experimenting with video blogging might just have a new way to monetize their blogs in the coming months. (via Lifehacker and BBC.