Envision have published the result of a survey that they undertook of healthcare bloggers. They cover a lot of ground in the survey but the key findings with regards to advertising on these blogs were:
- Healthcare bloggers are divided on whether running advertising negatively impacts blogger credibility….
- Only 27% have accepted advertising on their blogs. However, 54% say they are willing to continue or begin running ads.
- 41% of bloggers either “strongly disagree” or “disagree” with the statement: “Running advertising negatively impacts a blogger’s credibility.” 33% either “strongly agree” or “agree” with it.
- However, most respondents say that a blogger’s background and biases have a greater impact on his/her credibility than advertising
- 1.1% of respondents listed that generating income from ads was a secondary reason for blogging