How to Drive Traffic to Your Affiliate Programs
One key to affiliate programs succeeding is that you have enough traffic that actually sees your affiliate links. There is little point in actually deep linking to products on pages that no one actually visits. So how can you increase the chances of people seeing and potentially clicking your affiliate links?
- Cross Linking - a technique that I use quite a bit on some of my blogs is to cross link between posts. I don’t do it for the sake of it but if I’ve written previously on a topic I’ll link to it – particularly if that page is one that I consider to be a page that will convert well.
- Highlight Key Posts – identify those pages on your blog that have the highest potential to convert and then highlight them in your menu or sidebar. Also check out TLA’s Feedvertising program that lets you set up advertising to any site (including pages on your own blog) in your own feeds.
- Advertising – if you have a page that converts particularly well consider actually advertising it using programs like Performancing’s Ad Program, BlogAds (blogads.com) or AdWords.
Fine Tuning Tips
So taking all of the above into consideration – a few take home assignments for you to put into place in the lead up to the end of the year:
- Take some time out to surf your own archives looking for posts that are ideal for linking to affiliate products
- Add deep links to affiliate programs from posts in your archives
- Check previously used affiliate links to see if they still link to live pages
- Identify high converting posts (or potential ones) and work on driving traffic to them.
Tomorrow I’ll continue this series by looking at Search Engine Optimization.
This post has been a part of the How to Fine Tune your Blog for Christmas Series.