Tubetorial is a video based tutorial site which will focus upon web development and internet marketing.
It’s launched with three videos:
- What Bloggers Need to Know about the Law (part of a series on Blogger Law 101)
- Why Sell Information (part of a series on 7 Steps to Creating and Selling a Niche Information Product)
- Be the Master of Your Own Domain! (part of a series on How to Build a Profitable Home on the Web)
The topics are excellent and I’m looking forward to future episodes of each series.
I’m not sure what I was expecting from tubetorial but here are a few first impressions:
- Helpful Topics - as a blogger I obviously found the topics appealing. They’re obviously starting with some fairly basic level topics, but they are all practical and helpful.
- Well Designed - Chris is a great designer and it’s reflected in the layout and design of the site.
- Good Presentation – the first three presentations are all well thought through and scripted. I did feel at times like I was listening to someone reading a script (I’m much more used to presentations that are free flowing and spontaneous – its just my personal preference. I’m sure they’ll get a little more natural over time though as they become more used to making the videos). The visual elements provided interest. I liked that it was more than just a dull screencast and incorporated talking heads (in one of them), flowcharts, pictures, screen grabs etc.
- Usefulness – the actual content is useful. It’s early days of course as they are only 3 videos in, but so far I can see that a lot of bloggers (especially those towards the beginning of their journey) will find tubetorial helpful.