BlogHer have taken another step in the development of their BlogHerAds ad network by going live and opening things up for others to apply to.
To this point the beta test was only available for 30 or so parenting bloggers but now it’s open to anyone to apply to join. Details on the process of applying can be found here. There’s also a PDF invitation with more details.
The specifics of what they offer are in the PDF but here’s the basics:
- Bloggers can choose a number of ad sizes
- They they paste the ad code into their blog (similar to AdSense)
- They recommend including up to three ads per page
- You can indicate if there are ads from any industry or company you don’t wish to run
- There’s no guarantee that you’ll see ads immediately – it depends upon how they are selling
- When ads are not available they rotate headlines from blogs within the network in the position
- Bloggers are paid dependent upon traffic (CPM). Bloggers seem to get 60% of revenue. In an example that they give they talk about $10 CPM – I’m not sure if this is just an example or the rate they go off
I think this is a pretty smart move for BlogHer. They’ve been building a great reputation and brand and it seems like a logical next move. Definitely one to watch.
found via Wendy