The week after next I’ll be holding the next ProBlogger Group Writing Project. I’ll keep the topic a secret until then but after the success of offering prizes for the last project I’d like to do the same again.
If you have a prize you’d like to offer the project in return for some pretty nice exposure I’d like to hear from you (read on to find out what I’m looking for).
Last time we offered five great gifts to five random participants and this time I’d like to do the same. I’ve toyed with the idea of increasing the numbers of prizes but in the hope of keeping the exposure that sponsors get from their offers I’m going to keep it to five this time around.
So I’d like to hear from those wishing to sponsor this group project.
What Type of Prizes?
Last time the prizes included a new PC/LCD combo ($500), digital cash ($500), an eye/brain massager, a premium service to a blog related tool and an Amazon voucher ($100).
That’s the range of prizes that people are offering and I’d like us to hit that type of level (or above) again. Ideally I’d like the prizes to be of some sort of use to bloggers (feel free to be creative – last time the massager wasn’t the most valuable prize offered but it was interesting).
What do you get as a Sponsor?
- Sponsors will receive links in every post on the project during the week that it runs (last time I think this was on about 7 posts).
- Last project 300 bloggers participated and many more read the pages associated with the project.
- ProBlogger is read by 5000 daily readers via the blog and another 8000 via it’s feeds.
Requirements of Sponsors
- Possible winners are from around the globe and the prize needs to be able to be received internationally (for example one of the prizes above was converted to cash due to it not being able to be sent overseas).
- Prizes are awarded to random participants in the project.
- The companies/individuals offering the gift need to take responsibility to getting it to winners.
I choose which prizes to use based on a number of factors including value, usefulness to bloggers, variety (between prizes) and the suitability of the sponsor to my readership (ie I’m not going to offer prizes from adult or gambling sites).
Last time we had offers for prizes from quite a few people – please don’t be offended if your prize isn’t selected.
Submit Your Idea
If you’d like to offer a prize I’ll need to hear from you by Monday at 5pm (Melbourne Time). Submit your pitch including prize value, description and where you want your promotional link to point (and the words you’d want the link to say) via my contact form.
Any questions? Shoot me an email via my contact form.