Rachel’s posted a great video titled WordPress Quickstart Screencast Tutorial which is well worth looking at if you’re at the start of your WordPress journey. She covers:
1. Installing a free FTP program and connecting to your website
2. Creating a database for WordPress.
3. Installing WordPress.
4. Configuring WordPress settings.
5. Setting up permalinks.
6. Writing and editing a post.
7. Uploading images.
8. Creating a blog roll (list of links).
9. Setting up an about page.
10. Installing a plugin.
11. Setting up a contact page with a contact form.