I’m a Mac guy so it’s not something I can give you any recommendations on but it’s a blogging tool (in a similar class to other desktop blog editors) with most of the features that I’ve seen in other editor including WYSIWYG authoring, photo publishing, map publishing etc. It’s compatible with most main blogging platforms. Keep in mind it’s still in beta.
I’m hearing from a number of people that it’s quite good but until they cater for Mac users I’ll have to take others word for it.
If you’ve tried it – I’d love you to give us a mini review in comments below.
Read more about Live Writer at:
- Liveside – a podcast interview with J.J. Alaire about Live Writer
- Techcrunch – announcement post with a few first impression reviews from commenters
- GigaOm – Om’s a fan
- Rick Segal – first impressions
- Paul Kedrosky – calls it eye candy
- Mark Evans - first impressions are positive and says Qumana should be concerned
- Duncan Riley – at it’s beta stage it’s not going to kill other blog editors but it does have potential.
- Elliot Back - says it works and looks pretty good (although has ‘lots of strange bugs, some editor weirdness, no copy paste, unpolished interface etc and each blog post opens in a new window).
- Dave Winer – thinks its great that Microsoft is making it – but points out it’s taken a long time.