The following is an answer from Hugh Hewitt responding to my one question interview question of what he’d do differently if he had to start his blog over again. Note – this is the last interview in this series.
So many things, so little time.
Here’s the Baker’s dozen short list:
- Find a blog program with spellcheck.
- Find a designer that would have allowed me to avoid the intervention at Lileks’ Jasperwood. Amazingly, the design matters.
- Start sooner.
- Post more frequently.
- Praise/critique ratio at 7:1.
- Turn my tech stuff over to Joshua Sharf in ’00 rather than ’05. ([email protected]).
- Align with Townhall.com sooner.
- Bring on co-blogger Mary Katharine Ham earlier.
- Proscribe FratersLibertas.com earlier.
- Ask Duane to start Radioblogger.com in ’00 rather than ’04.
- Dine out with Roger L Simon more often.
- Persuade Peter Robinson to post with me and not “The Corner.”
- Suggest to the Powerline gents that perhaps they’d like to post at www.HughHewitt.com.
But I can’t really complain about anything. “Baseball [blogging] has been very, very good to me.”