I used to read articles like this one on Accidental Tech Entrepreneurs Turn Their Hobbies Into Livelihoods and think it could never happen to me but as time goes on I’m finding more and more people that the article could be about – people making a living (and some a fortune) from using technology to do entrepreneurial things that they truly love.
The article attempts to identify some of the common features of the stories as follows:
- They all have IT backgrounds
- They all were in the right place at the right time with the right product/service
- They have supportive people around them (life and business partners)
- They all faced a moment of truth and had to stake their financial futures on their new venutes
- They all are a little obsessed
Great article to have in mind as I go to bed tonight.