Anne Handley has been asking experienced bloggers a simple question – What’s the Biggest Lie About Blogging? - the response has been most interesting and well worth the read.
I love Jeremy’s list at the end – 40 lies in all. Here’s a few of his:
1. Blogging’s just a fad.
2. Always maintain a hostile relationship with your audience.
3. Don’t ever admit you did something wrong.
5. Don’t have a personality if you’re blogging for business.
9. Without open comments, it’s not a blog anyway.
12. Fast is better than right.
13. It’s impossible to make money blogging.
22. Competitors will steal your ideas.
23. You need to be able to write to blog.
32. Too many people are already blogging; you can’t cut through the noise.
33. You have to be an A-List blogger or there’s no point.
34. The best way to get attention is to attack, attack, attack!
36. Bloggers are good looking, funny, and are the life of any party.
Head over to Anne’s post and tell her what you think are the biggest lies about blogging.