The Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers Group Writing Project is over.
I’m almost overwhelmed by the last minute entries today as I look at my inbox where there are 32 new submissions (taking us to a total of 80). It looks like ProBlogger readers like to leave things to the last minute (like author like reader)!
Before I update you with the latest submissions I want to answer a question that I’ve been asked this week on numerous occasions about this project. The question:
“Can we vote on a winner?”
There have been other variations on this question and I’ve been surprised by how many people have asked it. My answer is that the reason I ran this project was that I was struggling to answer the question ‘what habits would an effective blogger have?’ and wanted to hear others perspective. I didn’t think I’d get as many responses as I have and wasn’t planning on it becoming a competition. My hope was that through it we’d all learn something both about ourselves as we wrote out pieces but also as a community as we read each other’s and connected with new bloggers.
So I’m going to refrain from making this a competition.
HOWEVER – what I would encourage you to do is to find your own ‘winner’ or ‘winners’.
Surf through the submissions received – pick your top 3 (or 1, or 5, or 10…) and then write about it on your blog (or if it’s not appropriate to do so in comments below). Point your readers to the quality pieces that others have written and in the process share a little link love (a prize if you want to call it that). I would love this project to be more than just a learning experience – it now has potential to be one that celebrates quality writing. I’ll leave it in your hands.
The other question I’ve been asked a lot is – ‘Can we do it again?’ – the Answer to that one is yes, I’ll do another group writing project in the next week or so.
And now – here are the final submissions which will also be added to the list of all submissions:
- Habits of Semi-Effective ProBloggers – by thatedeguy
- The Benefits of Maintaining a Healthy Work-Life Balance – by Kevin Augustine
- How to Keep the Blog Machine Running – by Charlie
- Why Writers Should Blog and How to Blog Effectively – by DesirÃ© Hendricks
- Habits Contributing to Highly Effective Blogging – by Pat Gundry
- The Hidden Secrets of Successful Blogging Revealed – by James Thomson
- The Highest Habit of Blogging – Providing Real Value for Free – by Remi
- Habits, I hope convert into a, Highly Successful Blogger – by Adam Marquart
- Blogging Habits that Work with a Bangladeshi Blogger – by Razib Ahmed
- Effective Blogging – by Ruth Schaffer
- Habits of an Effective Blogger – by Rica
- Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – by Colin Stuckert
- Three Effective Blogging Habits – by JD Arney
- Habits of a Gadget Blogger – by Al Carlton
- Rules of Blogging – a Poem – by Lettertree
- Blog Your Life – by Julie Lupton
- Some Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – by Trevor Hampel
- 10 Habits for Effective Blogging – by Resit
- Habits of Highly Effective Newbie Bloggers – by Chuck Huckaby
- Dialed in Bloggers: Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – by Rob Elam
- My Contribution to the Highly Effective Blogger Project – by Joe Hauckes
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s words on effective Blogging – by MaxPower
- Find Your Flow – by Julien Smith
- Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – by Anthony
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – by Dorai Thodla
- Habits of Effective Bloggers – by Sharon Brogan
- Highly Effective Blogging – Just Like Highly Effective Writing – by Kassia Krozser
- Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – by Rich Brueckner
- Blogging and Me – by Ann Michael
- Effective blogging for the rest of us – by Miri guy
- Effective Habits of the Blogging Homemaker – by Maricar
- Qualities Possessed by an Effective Blogger – by Henrietta
Once again – see the full list of submissions here and take some time to surf through them to find those that you found most helpful to include them in a post on your own blog. Thanks to all who have contributed.