April’s earnings totals are coming in this week and I thought I’d give a bit of an update as to what the month looked like in terms of earnings for my personal blogs (note the points of clarification below).
I’ve ranked the main income sources that I’m involved with from highest earners to lowest earners (see graph below – click to enlarge):
- AdSense – 32%
- Chitika eMiniMalls (aff) – 28%
- Miscellaneous Affilaite Programs – 17%
- Private Banner Ad Deal – 11%
- Text-Link-Ads (aff) – 5%
- Six Figure Blogging Sales – 3%
- Amazon – 2%
- Miscellaneous Ad Programs (includes Feedburner RSS, BlogAds, Adbrite (aff), ValueClick) – 2%
Points of Clarification:
- the Chitika eMiniMalls figure is an estimate of what the audited figures are likely to be based upon the last few months auditing percentages (for me it’s been in the 12 – 18% range).
- the total income for April is over five figures for the month.
- these figures do not include a little consulting work that I’ve picked up in the last month or so (not a major focus for me at this point).
- these figures are earnings from across my own personal blogs and do not include earnings from b5media (which includes ProBlogger). To this point as b5 owners we’ve not drawn any earnings out of the company.
- these figures are before I pay any outgoings (ie I have one blogger that I pay on a a revenue share basis for a couple of my blogs and I pay someone to find advertising for me). Total outgoings are probably around 10% of the income.