Speaking of RSS ads, Pheedo has been testing their ad service for the past couple of months and are launching this week according to Mark at Weblog Tools Collection. Mark writes that it’s a system for WordPress ads but I can’t see on Pheedo anywhere saying it is exclusively a WP offering.
I also can’t see any official announcement of them coming out of beta yet at Pheedo or on their blog but their registration page is up and running so it seems there is nothing to hold bloggers back from applying.
For those wanting to sign up you might also like to check out their information page for publishers where they outline two ad solutions, ‘Ads for Feeds’ and ‘Ads for Feeds+’. Also check out their Publisher FAQ and Terms of Service.
A few quick tidbits on Pheedo’s system:
- Publishers take 65% of revenue generated
- The signup process takes 1 to 2 days
- Payment is via PayPal or check
- Payments are made once your balance is over $50
- Payments are made 60 days after the end of the month you earn from ads
- Their TOS says it is a CPC (cost per click) system – however their PDF information pages talk of CPM (impression based) systems also
- Both ad solutions have statistics systems to moniter performance
- Their TOS and Registration page indicate you need a US Tax ID (but the comments on Weblogs Tool Collection indicate you can contact them to get around this if you’re not based in the US).
If you’ve been one of the beta testers of Pheedo’s Ads I’d love to hear from you. Write a review (long or short) of your experience with it and I’ll publish it on ProBlogger (with links back to your blog) if you’d like.