Unfortunately when a site has the combination of loads of traffic and user generated content there will always be people around trying to abuse the system. A lot of the debate is around Digg’s responsibility and the tension that they face between editing and allowing their system to be user driven. Interesting discussion.
Read more at:
- The Digg Backlash
- Growing Censorship Concerns at Digg
- Digg and Calacanis Bush-Whack Critics
- Digg is silently Moderating Legitimate Submissions
- Is Digg Working with their Own Shovel?
- Masses and the Machine
- Social Websites have Social Responsibility
- Rough Day for Digg
- Digg in a Hole
- Digg corrupted? Forever Geek makes the case
- The Social Corruption of Digg.com
- Debating Digg’s Methodology: editor or user driven?
- Digg Issue?
- Social Software – Do you own it?