The good thing from my perspective is that version 3 is able to be used with Macs (something many other similar tools don’t have the ability to do).
They list the features of this version as including (in addition to the previous version’s features):
- cross-platform support for Mac and PC
- improved editor with full WYSIWYG capability, plus ability to view and edit code
- a “blog manager” that locally stores your drafts and published posts
- support for trackbacks and pinging
- a “right click” menu on each posted item allowing you to get the permalink for easy referencing
- a way to refresh the editor (‘New Post’) – to clear away published material and start a new post instantly
- application-integrated advanced AdGenta ad insertion
- improved image dialogue, including preview and auto upload trigger from Drag & Drop
- drag & drop functionality to the editor, as well as DropPad
- preferences dialogue, including setting timezones & spellcheck
- valid XHTML code generation
I’m yet to give it a run – but plan to download the Mac version this afternoon and give it a spin.