9. Collaborate with other Bloggers
Run out of ideas? Find someone who hasn’t to work with.
One of the great things about blogging is the relational aspect of it. The ideas that come when you put your head together with someone else are often quite amazing. Collaboration can happen on many different levels including:
- Guest Blogging – get someone in to write on your blog from time to time to freshen things up
- Blog Swaps – swap blogs with another blogger for a day
- Joint Posts – write on a topic together in a one off way
- Interviews – interview each other
- Joint Blogs – start a blog with someone – split up the work (and rewards) between you
- Blog Network – one of the things I like most about networks is the companionship and new possibilities to work together that they can bring
- Chatting on IM/email – just chatting about your blog, it’s goals and how you’re going with your blog can be a real motivator. If I have an idea for a new blog I quite often do a brainstorming session with another blogger or two around the idea.
- Participate in discussion forums – there are many discussion forums out there which can not only be quite informative but which give opportunity for collaborating around ideas
Rubbing shoulders with other bloggers (and non bloggers) keeps me sane and is one of the main reasons that I’m able to sustain what I do. Without it blogging can become a pretty lonely existence.
Read more of the Bloggers Block Series